December 27, 2008

Jenn's List

Hi everyone. I'm Jenn and I have to confess right off the bat that this is my first ever book challenge! I got hooked on graphic novels when my boyfriend gave me Persepolis for Valentine's Day this past year. I'm going for the major level of participation, with twelve novels, since one per month seems like a thoroughly attainable goal. You're all sharing some great ideas so I expect my list will change (and expand) over time, but for now here are ten initial picks:

1. Ghost World by Daniel Clowes (one of my favorite movies, so about time I saw where it all began, right?)
2. The Sandman # 01 by Neil Gaiman (I'm a huge Gaiman fan but have never so much as peeked inside the cover of a Sandman novel!)
3.Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Kid on Earth by Chris Ware
4. Summer Blonde: Stories by Adrian Tomine
5. Clumsy by Jeffrey Brown (this one has been sitting on my shelf for a few months)
6. Janes in Love by Cecil Castellucci (loved The Plain Janes!)
7. A Really Super Book About Squirrels by Graham Roumieu
8. At a Crossroads: Between a Rock and My Parents' Place by Kate T. Williamson
9. Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic by Alison Bechdel
10. Box Office Poison by Alex Robinson
11.
12.

I can't wait to get started.

3 comments:

Alea said...

Ooooh I really like your list! Ghost World is one of my favorite movies too! And I love Adrian Tomine!

So far we share 3 of the same books on our list :)

Olga said...

Good choices so far, Jenn. Can't wait to get your feedback on some of these. :)

Jenn said...

Alea, this will be first time reading Adrian Tomine so I will be sure to let you know how it goes! :)

Has anybody read Castle Waiting by Linda Medley? I just read a review of it last night and I'm thinking about tacking it on to my list.